These are the planned features, ports, and enhancements:
- Follow the coLinux patch to the 2.6.x kernel recently.
- Produce an Autorun KNOPPIX disc for Windows, that will load coLinux on Windows and also be able to boot a machine natively.
- Frame buffer device. Let the native XFree86 server be used instead of using a "remote" X server provided by the host OS such as the Cygwin XFree86 server under Windows.
- Ports of the support code:
- Linux. This port will allow coLinux to run under Linux.
- ReactOS. This port will allow ReactOS users to fully enjoy Linux while running ReactOS.
- Add the functionality of suspend, state snapshot, state forking, i.e anything that allows to play with coLinux' state.
- Add interoperability features for coLinux and the host OS, especially Windows.